Monday, August 25, 2008

Graduation from quizdiva

So in my spare time here, when I'm not writing a new blog entry or doing my Hebrew homework or eating pitas and hummous or running up and down the hills just outside of the dorms or trying in vain to watch scrubs and Family Guy episodes online or looking up scrumptious recipes for things I won't be able to make here because my kitchen is pitiful, I spend my idle time that I would normally spend flipping channels by reading the popular articles and blogs in the New York Times.

Remember those stupid (yet addictive) online quizzes on quizilla.com and quizdiva.com about who your perfect man is or whether you're a jealous ex or not? I used to spend valuable hours procrastinating on those websites finding out things about myself I already knew and taking quizzes that didn't even apply to my life like "Which Naruto character are you?"- I don't even watch that show for goodness sake.

Anyway, here's a bunch of links to some really great and insightful online quizzes that unfortunately will not be able to tell you what kind of flirt you are, but they're pretty valuable in their own way. Seriously, try them out: http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/08/20/best-online-psychology-tests/?em

I took the "You just get me-self test", which did tell me mostly what I already knew about myself, but with a wittier perspective. And I'm about to take the personal biases test. I'm a little afraid to take the worst sounds test, but I'll let you know what happens if I can muster up the courage to hear fingernails on a chalkboard...oh God, I can't do it.

I'm also going to attach some more pictures because they spice up the text, and you can enjoy some of the sights to go along with the textualized experiences. The first is in the Church of the Holy Sepulcher of the tomb where Jesus' body lay. The second is self-explanatory. The third is of a taxi that looks like at some point in its tender life, was near the detonation of a bomb. Just a guess.

Finally, poll: Sean was complaining to me that my blog is not aesthetically pleasing. Does anyone else feel this way? Is my blog ugly? Is the color-scheme bothersome? I know Denise and I spent quite some time deciding on the colors, but I'm up for any suggestions. If I trash the blue background, what color should the background be? Don't say black-it's too azn.







Suggestions to my blog are greatly appreciated! Please comment! Even though I know all of four people read it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

the yellow does make my squinty eyes hurt a tad bit BUT i endure simply bc i miss you!

Sean said...

haha. so it isnt just me

TiffJung said...

i didnt even notice the color scheme. i dont think it even matters ... you're such a diva sean. and sean, WAY TO CALL ME BACK YOU PIECE OF CRAP.

TiffJung said...

i'm lovin the quizzes. and i'm doing all of them ...

Stacy said...

Tiffany,
you are absolutely correct. The color scheme is not really what's important in this blog. And Sean is a diva. But, I do want to make it as easy and enjoyable as possible for you guys to read.

I'm glad you're liking the quizzes! Aren't they pretty spot on?

So, I notice that I haven't gotten any suggestions as to any changes, so I'll fiddle around with the colors later on.

TiffJung said...

didnt you tell me you were going to post again? or was that earlier today? i can't remember. LA makes you lose track of time ...