hello friends!
this will just be a very quick update on things going on here in Jerusalem so your fluttering hearts will be put to rest. Yes, I am in Jerusalem. Yes, I have gotten here safe and sound. No, don't fly El Al. Yes, I have been happy, well fed on hummus and pita bread and relatively safe.
I only get sporadic internet connection outside of my time spent on the university campus, and I'm usually only on campus for my morning to afternoon intensive Hebrew classes. Most of the time, I am trying to connect to/ steal random wireless networks belonging to such characters under the names of: "mayoz144", "tzvika", "sheepcowpig" and my personal favorite, "RUSSIA FOREVER".
friends, I miss you all! I hope you're doing well and enjoying the last few days of summer.
I've met lots of really different and interesting people here from all over the states and all over the globe. In the past few hours alone, I've met a Russian from Moscow, a Canadian from above the Great Lakes, a girl from Utrecht, Holland (I have no idea what you call people from Holland, I'm so sorry for my ignorance) and a Palestinian Turk from San Francisco. I've heard conversations all around in Hebrew, English, Arabic, French, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, you name it!
This will be it for now because it's getting cold out and my butt is freezing under my shorts on this very uncomfortable metal bench. I have a lot to update you on, and I hope you'll be able to keep up once the floodgates are opened.
Also, please comment on my posts and tell anyone who might be interested this link because I want to know your reactions to my reactions, and we can discuss and debate and be multi-culturally sensitive together.
And don't take my phone message personally. MISS YOU
2 comments:
this post is so exciting! you're first in israel! ahhhh im so excited for you!!
i believe they are dutch
Post a Comment