Saturday, October 20, 2012

A Blur


Another one taken from the SKEM blog -- this one is mostly so JenHen can see :)
_____________________________________________________________________

10/3/2012

This month has been nuts. Since I'm the company's recruiter, September (back-to-school month) really kicks my ass. There's a ton of school visits, interview scheduling and just logistics mania in general. On top of that, we had one of our off-site events, on-site - meaning, instead of renting a house somewhere not in NYC, we decided to stay in the city and do much of our brainstorming by pushing our desks up against the walls in harem style-tents. Tents that a few of us came in to construct over the weekend. One of them, we called the "sombrero love nest". Maybe these pics will help explain why:


Startups. So random and so awesome. So randomly awesome.

We also went to Greenwich Island in Connecticut for a day trip, which was literally an island. A really nice getaway from the city. Here's a picture of my company (I realize I may not have really talked a whole lot about my company before, but they've become a pretty big part of my life): 


But aside from seasonal recruiting madness, Fernando came to visit the city late this month. He decided to come into town for a startup career fair, and I asked him to stay a bit longer to help me recuperate after my wisdom teeth surgery...coming up this Friday argh. I have four big honkin impacted ones coming out, and I'm expecting to be delirious for most of the weekend hah 

Well, I thought I had more exciting things to post aside from my company and my wisdom teeth, but this month has just been such a blur. There is one more thing I'd love to share with you guys, and I hope you don't judge, but have y'all heard Carly Rae Jepsen's new CD? IT'S AMAZING and free on Spotify. I highly recommend that you blast it wear heels and a glass of wine and just dance in front of your mirror tonight. 

love, 
sLee
____________________________________________________________________________

Update: the wisdom teeth procedure went by without a hitch. Big ass doses of ibuprofen, a comical ice pack that wrapped around my head like I was suffering from mumps, and few delirious nights with Oxycodone made the whole recuperation process pretty painless and easy. 

1 comment:

Jeni said...

How did i miss the shoutout to yours truly at the beginning of this post? thank you, miss you, so glad i get this insight into your ny life!