Spent the weekend in London visiting friends and just barely missed the snow. I was surprised by London. I'd never been interested in visiting, but it's really such a cool place, and I never even got to see a tenth of it. Such diversity and such style. It was a nice change from the homogeneity of small town Cadiz.
I visited some of the big sites: Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Paddington Station, the London Eye, Parliament and even walked through a demonstration for the Tamils.
I ate some wonderful (and cheap) Pakistani food at Tayyab's and top-notch dim sum at Pearl Liang's for if you're ever in the
It seems these days I'm not feeling very loquacious.
4 comments:
Aw. It is sad I missed you. I am glad you had a good time. I am also glad that you ate at restaurants that didn't claim to be british or anything. England or especially London has the best food if you eat Pakistani or Indian or lots of other places. I mean, don't get me wrong, I loooove a good meal at an authentic pub, but I just think people tend to approach british food in the wrong way and then they claim that they don't like it and that it is bad. haha, now I'm ranting.
I did have a specific question. Did you get to meet up with Kate?
you're so awesommmmmmme
becca, where you beeeeeen?
a truly great weekend!
Post a Comment